DESCRIPTION & HINTS
Try these simple ideas to help prevent sore, crampy muscles:
- Gradually increase your level of fitness rather than pushing yourself too hard before you are ready.
- Drink plenty of water before, during and after you exercise. Dehydration can result in muscle cramps.
- Make warming-up, warming-down and regular stretching part of your fitness routine.
- The right balance of minerals can help to prevent muscle cramps, so eat a varied diet with lots of wholegrains, fruit and veggies.
- Treat yourself to a massage to help reduce muscle tension.